See the movie, meet romance authors Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, Tessa Dare and Vivienne Lorret, and attend a book signing. There is a $15.00 charge for this event with proceeds benefiting the Friends of the Elkhart Public Library. Tickets are on sale at all EPL locations. See Library News Blog post Love Between the Covers for more information, including author photos, links to their websites and a movie trailer.
Main Midweek Movies
Fun Family Movie
Join us at the Main Library on Saturday, October 22, 1:30-5:30 pm for a fascinating foray into the world of romance authors and readers!
Tickets are $15, cash or check,* and can be purchased at any Elkhart Public Library location. Admission includes a screening of LOVE BETWEEN THE COVERS, a book signing by our guest authors, and a gift bag. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Elkhart Public Library.
Books will be available for purchase (cash or check only) or you can bring your own copies to be signed.
*If you do not purchase a ticket, you are welcome to come to the book signing from 4:30-5:30 pm at no charge.
Author Talk: Peggy Reiff Miller • Monday, October 3, 6:30 pm
Osolo Branch Library • 3429 E. Bristol Street • Elkhart
Come aboard and join local author Peggy Reiff Miller as she talks about the Seagoing Cowboys, volunteers who transported livestock across the ocean to people who were suffering the effects of World War II. Their mission was called the Heifer Project (now Heifer International). THE SEAGOING COWBOY, a children’s picture book written by Miller and illustrated by Claire Ewart, is the story of these volunteers.
Peggy Reiff Miller has been researching, writing, and speaking about the seagoing cowboys since 2002. Through interviews, questionnaires, diary accounts, photos, and movies of their trips, she has accumulated a wealth of information; much of it is documented on her website, seagoingcowboys.com. She lives in Goshen, Indiana. This is her first children’s book.
Polaris, the system that handles check-out, check-in, library catalog and more, will be upgraded on Tuesday, September 27. It will be offline for much of the day.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU
- You will be able to check out materials at the circulation desks with your library card, as we have an offline check-out feature.
- Self-check stations will not be available.
- No material will be checked in until the upgrade is complete, so keep item limits in mind.
- Our Library Catalog will not be accessible. Ask at a desk and we will do our best to help you find what you’re looking for.
- No new or replacement library cards can be issued.
- Public Internet computers will be available. If you normally sign in with your library card, ask at the desk for a guest pass.
- Hoopla, Overdrive, Zinio and our Online Resources will be accessible.
If all goes well, we hope to be up and running by late afternoon. We appreciate your patience!