Great news! ConsumerReports.org is now FREE through our Online Resources. More great news! The Library’s subscription includes Cars Best Deals Plus!
Elkhart Public Library cardholders in good standing can access Consumer Reports Online from home or anywhere with Internet access.
To Access Consumer Reports Online:
- Go to myepl.org/info247
- Click on the + next to “Consumer Reviews”
- Select [Access from Home]
- Enter your library card number (no spaces) at the prompt
- If you are in the Library, select ConsumerReports.org with Cars Best Deals Plus (Card number is not required when accessing from inside the Library)
Note: Consumer Reports does not allow access to some features, such as
Build and Buy Car Buying Service, through our public library subscription.
New name, same great online learning opportunities
Gale Courses, formerly Learn4Life, continues to offer a wide range of highly interactive courses. Take each course at your convenience, from work, home, school, or anywhere with an Internet connection… 24/7, 365 days a year! All courses are taught by expert instructors, including many nationally known authors. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin monthly.
Courses are FREE to resident Elkhart Public Library card holders.
To take advantage of this exciting learning opportunity:
- Go to myepl.org/info247,
- Find “Online Learning Courses” on the list,
- Click on the plus sign and choose “Gale Courses.”
How do I enroll in a course?
- Click “Enroll Now” next to the course of your choice. You can find courses by browsing through the categories on the left of your screen or by using the search bar above.
- Select your course start date and click “Continue.”
- If you have never taken a Gale (or Learn4Life) course, enter your email address in the New Student area, and click “Create Account.” Complete the Account and Student Information page and then click “Continue to Payment Options.” If you are a returning student: enter your account email and password and then click “Sign In.”
- Enter your library barcode and click “Use Library Card”. Congratulations! You are now enrolled and will receive confirmation at the email address you provided.
You must access the first two lessons within the first two weeks, or you will be dropped from the course.
Check out Gale Courses and our other Online Resources at myepl.org/info247
The lovely Wellfield Botanic Gardens will, once again this year, be the setting for Stories in the Garden. Elkhart Public Library staff will share stories and songs. Gather in the English Cottage Garden on the third Tuesday of each month, May through October, from 6:00-6:30 p.m. (In case of rain we will meet in the tented area.) Wellfield admission is free on Tuesdays. Bring a cozy blanket to sit on and enjoy interactive family time amid beautiful surroundings. You could even make it a regular family outing, and explore the Gardens before or after the program.
Garden Story Time 2014
6:00 p.m. (rain or shine):
Just in time for Mother’s Day! Landscape designer Perry Guilmette shows you how to design three themed gardens — a butterfly garden, a moon garden, and a children’s garden. All who attend will receive seedlings to take home, and some will win door prizes!
Design a Theme Garden
• Wednesday, April 30
• 6:00-7:30 p.m.
• Main Library, Room 1
• Ages 13- Adult
Yay! It finally feels like spring. Are you doing some of your reading on the porch or patio, or in the park?
RUNNER by Patrick Lee (FIC) • Debbie, Popular Materials
This will probably be one of my top five books this year. It grabbed me from page one! This is the kind of adventure book that you could read all night. A 12-year-old girl is running for her life. Who is after her? The government? But why? Retired special forces Sam Dryden becomes involved in trying to help her and avoid the dangerous game the government is trying to play. Five Stars! Excellent reviews from high-powered authors like Lee Child, Nelson DeMille, Lisa Gardner, et. al.
THE AUSCHWITZ ESCAPE by Joel C. Rosenberg (IF)
BEHOLDING BEE by Kim Fusco (JUV FIC)
DARK CITY by F. Paul Wilson (FIC)
FATHERLESS by Dr. James Dobson and Kurt Bruner (IF)
FEATHERS: NOT JUST FOR FLYING by Melissa Stewart (598.147 S851)
FIFTH WAVE by Rick Yancey (YA FIC)
FOREVER ODD by Dean Koontz (HOR)
GO: A KIDD’S GUIDE TO GRAPHIC DESIGN by Chip Kidd (740 K46)
ODD THOMAS by Dean Koontz (HOR)
SON OF GOD by Roma Downey (IF)
WINGER by Andrew Smith (YA FIC)