The Elkhart Public Library (EPL) provides access to information from a variety of sources. The Library Board of Trustees invites Library users to access the Internet for the purposes of education and entertainment.
- The Library cannot control and is not responsible for the content and accuracy of the information accessed via the Internet. The Internet is a global network, growing daily and changing often and rapidly.
- The Library has in place basic filters that screen content that may be in violation of state and federal obscenity laws. Parents or guardians of minor children who wish to restrict or protect their children from information on the Internet must assume full responsibility for such guidance.
- The Library does not assume any responsibility for any damages suffered by the Internet user while using information obtained from the Internet. Nor does the Library assume any responsibility for damages to the user’s equipment. Anything downloaded from the Internet may contain malicious software. Users are encouraged to protect their personal computers with appropriate security software.
- Users may not in any way to alter, damage, abuse, or sabotage computer equipment or software; alter configurations, or install any software, or attempt to do any of these things.
- Users are liable for costs arising from malicious damage to Library equipment or software.
- Users may not use or attempt to use any Internet station for illegal purposes, including, but not limited to; violating licensing agreements or Copyright laws.
- Users may not use or attempt to use Internet stations for any activity that is deliberately offensive or creates an intimidating or hostile environment.