Homework Help at All EPL Locations
Homework Help is available to all students from Kindergarten through 12th grade. National Honor Society students will be on hand to help in many different subjects, and on a first come, first served basis.
Students should bring their assignments, as well as needed materials and supplies.
Times and Locations:
- Main Library – Mondays from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Cleveland Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dunlap Branch – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Osolo Branch Library – Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Pierre Moran Branch Library – Tuesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
Homework Help is offered during the school year from Labor Day to Memorial Day. For more information, feel free to give us a call.
EPL Links and Online Resources
- Kid Links
- Go to myEPL.org/kids
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the purple bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- Teen Links
- Go to myEPL.org/teen
- Hover your cursor over Research & Homework on the blue bar
- Select Links from the drop-down menu
- OR select from the quick links list on the right side of the page
- Online Resources (Elkhart Public Library card and ecard holders)
For more information, or assistance in using the EPL website, call 522-KNOW (522-5669)
Read, Learn, Win!
- Starting June 1, visit any EPL location to sign up and pick up a reading log.
- Read 20 minutes a day for 5 days. (Preschool children and younger: read/be read to 10 minutes a day for 5 days.)
- Do 2 fun and simple learning activities.
- Bring your log back to the library for your prize!
You can earn a different prize every week, plus win a book when you finish 4 logs! Every time you come back for your next prize, you will be entered in our end-of-summer grand prize drawing for a new bicycle! The more you read, the more prizes you win, and the better your chances for winning the bike.
Children’s Program Highlights
Kids, bring in your creative art work to the Main Library Children’s Room between June 1 and July 25. Your art project will be displayed in July. The five judging categories are:
Ages 0-5 • Ages 6-8 • Ages 9-11 • Ages 12-14 • Ages 15-17
Entries must be your own work, done in good taste, and nicely displayed with a frame or on a board. They must also include an entry form, available at the Children’s desk when you turn in your entry. Prizes will be awarded at Camp Olympian Stars Ice Cream Delight on August 1.
This is at the Main Library because there is more display space, but all Summer Readers are encouraged to enter!
Opening Ceremony for Camp “O” Olympian Stars
Thursday, June 2 • 4:30 pm • All ages • Main Library
This is at the Main Library because there is more space, but all Summer Readers are encouraged to attend, whether your sign-up location is at a branch or downtown!
Yoga for Kids
Mondays • 10:00 am
Ages 4 and up • Osolo Branch
June 13, 20, 27 • July 11, 18, 25
Wednesday, June 22 • 2:00 pm
Ages 5 and up • Pierre Moran Branch
A presentation from the Elkhart County Parks Department about the amazing, wild and furry animals that live in our area.
Tuesday, June 28 • 3:00 pm
All ages • Dunlap Branch
Wednesday, July 13 • 4:45 pm
Ages 5 and up • Main Library
Camp “O” Ice Cream Delight
Monday, August 1 • 4:30 pm
All ages • Main Library
Come dressed as your favorite Olympian Star to celebrate our great On Your Mark, Get Set, Read Summer Reading Program with our Ice Cream Party. Please register so we don’t run out of Ice Cream! This is at the Main Library because there is more space, but all Summer Readers are encouraged to attend, whether your sign-up location is at a branch or downtown!
Tuesday, August 2 • All ages
• 4:00 pm at the Main Library
• 6:00 pm at the Dunlap Branch
Guests from the Potawatomi Zoo will show us amazing athletes from the animal world!
A big thank-you to the Friends of the Elkhart Public Library for funding this program!
And so much more!
Children’s Programs by Location
For all EPL programs and activities, check our calendar at myepl.org/events
Teens: Get in the Game … READ